4.12.2015

Review: Underwater Toy Film Camera

Pin It Now!

We have this underwater toy film camera for sale in our little online shop online shop for quite some time now. Since I'm selling it to people, I figured I also need to test it to know if it's really good enough for a camera.

This film camera is like your usual toy camera that's made of plastic. However, it has a tough casing that can be submerged underwater for up to six feet. You can also choose to take out the camera itself and use it on its own without the hard casing. If you will be using this underwater, it is suggested that use films with an ISO speed of at least 400. I used the Kodak Ultramax 400 for this camera.



I took the camera out for a whirl during my work trip to Oslob. We went swimming with the whale sharks for Cebu Yearbook 2014's fashion shoot. I blogged about my Oslob trip here.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a lot of underwater photos because I don't know how to swim (yet!). But it works perfectly fine underwater. At first, I was worried that the water got in the camera. I checked the camera right away and found that the case was definitely effective in keeping the water out. I guess, I should trust this camera a little bit more.



I love that this camera can also be used not underwater, get it? (Sorry, don't hate me!) It is colorful which makes it a cute camera to lug around while walking along the street. 

It takes decent photos, for its price. I'm not saying it because I'm selling it. But, it definitely is good. I could see myself using this on hiking trips or other tough adventures. It's just a great camera to stash in the bag and not be worried about. I brought my boyfriend's Canonet QL on a recent two-day trekking trip and it was just causing me problems. All throughout the trip, I was just worried about not hitting the camera on a rock. The trip was fun, but the Canonet just made me a worrywart.

If you're looking for an analog camera that works underwater, this toy camera is definitely a good choice. It's also perfect for those who want to test the analog waters but have a limited budget. Although this is no Nikonos, it takes pretty good photos for a toy camera.

*Please forgive the "darkness" of the photos. The lab I went to did a pretty bad job of developing my films. I'm still searching for a good lab, though.*

No comments:

Post a Comment