6.21.2012

First Double Exposure

Pin It Now!
Since I started film, I've already wanted to have a double exposure. I'm just a bit disappointed with the cameras that I have since they don't allow me to go a frame back, unlike other cameras like Sprocket Rocket. This makes shooting double exposures and even multiple exposures really easy.

Since I have toy cameras which wind up manually, I decided to do a bit of experiment. I used my CDR-King 35mm film camera for the deed. After finishing the entire roll of film, I started to rewind it. I randomly stopped somewhere and began to shoot again. Then, I went ahead to finish rewinding the film.



My first attempt was just 'okay' for me. I actually wanted better photos. But this is to be expected since one is advised to shoot two contrasting images. One darker and one lighter. There are other photographers who just shoot normally, especially those who use color negatives. There are also some who underexpose the first image by 1.5 stops and the next by 0.5 stop. This really depends on the effect that you want. 

Since I can't properly expose with my toy camera, I'm happy with what I've got. I'll try to do little experiments soon with another toy camera. I hope all goes out well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment