1.15.2012

My New Plastic Toy

Pin It Now!
For the past few months, I've been meaning to get myself a toy camera. I wanted to rekindle my old flame with photography, and this time with film. I also want to try out lomography.

Yesterday, I finally got myself this cheap 35mm film camera from CDR-King. I know what you're thinking. I know that quality cannot be expected from the brand, but I think it's a good bargain. For P50 I already got myself a plastic camera and a free film. It was also supposedly to come with an AA battery, but for some reason there wasn't any. I forgot to check the package since I was in a hurry. It was entirely my fault. 

I bought the camera from J Centre Mall, in AS Fortuna. They only had two of these babies left and I noticed that they gave me one with a broken package. Part of me hoped that the camera isn't broken as well. It didn't have a warranty so it would suck if it didn't work. But thankfully, it did work to my astonishment. 





What got me really psyched about this camera is that it had expired films! I don't know if they intentionally placed expired films or the camera was never sold so the film expired. Anyway, I got hyper when I noticed the film. I was initially planning to get a roll or two of expired films for this new baby, but I had to postpone it because of Sinulog. Now, I don't really need to get one til I finish off this roll.





I'm definitely excited to take some photos with this baby. I know it's not that great of a camera, but it certainly is worth a try. I'll only lose P50 anyway. I'm still trying to shoot off all of the 36 shots of the free film. This is the first time I'll be taking photos in film in years. I'll try to post some of the shots from this roll. I hope everything goes out well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment